Sunday, April 10, 2011

COUNTRY ROADS

.
Dad & Groom Day
My father has been on my mind heavily the last few days as I unpack and untangle my hides and knowing I'm the only offspring with inheritance left from him. Of course giggling because I hear him spitting fire knowing I'm about to spend $1500 of his money to a foreign airline to fly in another afghan hound from Greece to keep my other Pal and me company! He made the 10 years of being petless bearable and they have been awesome companions since his departure. Better this than taking a trip across the hemisphere that only lasts so long. Annie...get your gun...it's a trip here everyday ;)

Thought I'd take and post a pic of my grandfathers winchester before I rekey the gun cabinet and door locks that don't work well. He was a rough, hard working lanky man always covered in a cloud of smoke. He would sit at the end of a long 12 seater table in the kitchen of an old governors plantation in VA. and as a kid...walking down to greet him...Dorothy going down the hall to meet the wizard from 'Wizard of Oz' comes to mind. He had a major ham producing farm and I can still recall my younger sister riding on the hood of an uncles car a mile down the dirt road to check the mail. It was a vast farm and awesome experience. My father would sing 'Country Roads' when we drove out.
I know I have kept my promises to him and used a good bit of the money down on this house. Before he passed...he was scouting for property for us by his house in Grays Creek because he loved our company and my cooking :)  He taught me how to tie my shoes, kept my dyslexia in check so the reason I am not left handed, taught me how to swim, and practical common sense (although my mother will swear I have none lol ;). You are the company you keep, you are only as good as the promises you keep, or your words.

Well...I'm still using the default fonts on here and I have to groom P so the PSP's leather effects where applied to the graphic by using fine leather on the first layer, rough leather on 2cd with opacity lowered and blend mode adjusted to soft light. Simple enough like my Dad and the last gift I could give him; a leather rose.
Smile for Gdad :)
A song in our hearts, a smile on our faces, and a prayer on our lips....this day, song, and post is for you, Daddy :}