Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SUNSET TO SUNRISE

.
Softly sobbing during services for 2 sundays due to silly stresses brought on by outside sources, I was relieved for them to be gone last weekend. But with Holy week....the sobbing continues. Every year it is the same for me. Just like a rerun to a movie whose sad end is approaching, the tears just seem to roll on their own. So another Sunday of wetting Jim's suit and slipping off to the bathroom for tissue during service :/

I do miss Easter sunrise services on the beach with CMA and even missed last Easter with my mother's death. I was up all night trying to console my sister so slept in that day. What was really cruel was having to recieve the news from a distant cousin on Easter about her passing but this Easter will be different. I will rejoice in his ascendance into heaven and the rebirth spring brings about. I am excited about the arrival of my daughter and her family and will continue to pray for the remaining family members who are beyond my help and look forward to a future where we can return to riding again and organizing runs, auctions, and events conducive in helping children in need. It is always amazing to see the unification of sooo many motorcycle organizations come together for such causes whether they are CMA, HOG, BACA, Veteran, 1%'ers, AMA...so on. God has his warriors on more fronts than the protected can imagine ;)

As for the non Christians...I am aware of how the Jews think the messiah will come when they ALL practice Shabbat in unison. Muslims think he is just a prophet, etc but I even if only half of the stories of Christ are true, it is good enough for me. I do not think God is pretentious and he loves us enough to send his positive, gracious, energy in the form of a man to reach the suffering and inflicted people who were/are in most need of his help. His son was a warrior in battle. For social justice and enlightenment.

Well...I do respect the belief of others and pursue the knowledge in understanding our differences but I also believe that regardless of our differences, what the man called Jesus did for us all....deserves at least a thought this week. Perhaps even a little pursuit in activism concerning inhumane treatment of others in this world.