Friday, March 30, 2012

DOWN TO THE WIRE, ELVIS

.
Elvis & the Cleaning Crew
Oh boy I am jotting this down before I forget what I was told. But the nice older gentleman that came out today did explain things that I can kind of understand and even put a new transformer in. Now I still don't know if it was bad or not but I still can't help but laugh at the mess that was there! I just wanted a signed report saying it was ok. I'm soooo tired of paying for rework, hunting down missing termite company, ATT....and wouldn't you know....I learned a little more about them and where their line ends!

Electrician & Plumber
So far...there is a 4 0 (naught?!?) something which are 2 lines or something going from the pole to underground to my house :l  This is my responsibility and I was told if I have the electrician move the meter box (that is on the transformer pole an acre down my lawn from the house) and have them attach it to the house closer to the inside Breaker box (and here is where I got a bit confused...the meter box isn't attached to the breaker box now....why can't we have it just attached to another part of the house so I don't have to move the breaker box?!? Not only is that an extra cost but as long as I don't have to give up any of Paros' back yard, which I am wanting to expand, I am good. So I have to get extra estimates on that because when the come to put the outside part of the AC in (which we converted the inside unit from 4 ton to 5 ton), we already know we need a new breaker box. Whew. But now I want to try other electricians to see what the costs of that is going to be. All I know is that everything was allll gooood here (except for the intercom surround sound wires which I am trying to stabalize ATT speeds to go wireless and stream that). Now since the power outage last time...half the sockets are shot in the den :((((

6 months of Gutted Mess :/
And what about ATT? He says their line ends across the street. A little more than an acre over :l  What in the universe?!? And that has brought another question around. What voltage is the cellular alarm (or is there a voltage on that?!?). Hmmmm. A call to safety link but that was installed last year after the wires were checked. There had to have been 7 outages or more since then anyway. With a couple being 'flick on, flick off, flick on, flick off". I dub that the 'flickity flick' lol. How the heck did I ever pass physics I don't know. I do know my GPA went down to a 3.4 because of the 2 Cs (Phys 1 and 2) and I was depressed that year :(

Is that you again, Elvis?!?
If there was anything else...it didn't stick because my brain is full :/  I am wire stupid. Won't even play like I know what's up and that's why we hire people for that. What I do know is there were TOO MANY power outages around here and even though the house was built in 74...I'm not using that much power and the AC's aren't even connected or done yet so this house is actually using LESS power. And something must have been up with the transformer for them to have replaced it. I mean...what company is going to charge EVERYONE for fuel usage they didn't purchase when we aren't using any more fuel than we have been using?!? My bill this year was actually a bit less :l

I dunno but I never troubleshot so many things before in my life. Not even gutting the 5,000 sq. ft restaurant/bar (and we had walls, windows, doors, and floors ripped out and replaced. Alarms added, more coolers and refrigerated systems added...not to mention all of the outside signs! Especially the 16' one on top :/


Well...more info and everything seems to be coming together. I'm glad they sent a man who knows how to talk with people and even though I'm not sure why the power failures continue... I guess we are literally 'Down to the Wire' around here ;)