Thursday, March 1, 2012

PLAYGROUNDS

.
Sometimes things just come about right and lead you somewhere you didn't expect. I just sat down to render a background and do some layer styles out of the snake skins I took macro shots of and smack my demons out the way because 2 days later this piece emerged! Oddly enough we'd all talk of the demons in our lives and after reading corintheans 12 (Paul's vision and his thorn)...this would come about! I am happily, but painstakingly, pushing this forward into a wall piece with angelina copper flash fibers, sauder drippings on sticks for the cross to be painted with metalic copper, and I do have black silk chiffon for the wings with pearlescent pigments (weee...love to play with my stuff!).

I still have some work on it but went surfing for a biblical quote for my apocolyptic war angels and found this site by a Howard Johnson that does art in this form too so I can't wait to check it out in depth but in the meantime...thanks to Qbrushes again for the chaos circles and wings brushes and to My Photoshop Textures for the paper texture. I've been up drawing wings and rendering some to my taste from my drawing books along with some public domain star and horoscope charts but may need Jim to custom me a LARGE protractor to transfer the circles or I can see me making a mess dragging a tire upstairs to my playground! :D

Came across one of my oldest daughters articles tucked away in my wings drawing book from when she was in the roller derby. Funny enough but her nickname is 'Linsanity' too only hers has been that way for years in both her band and roller derby name. I've always called her 'Lins' but spell it 'Lynz' because nothing is ever normal around here lol. Sorry Jeremy Lin...but years of home movies with me holding up a banner with that name along with posts, emails, photos....we are what we are...and have been that way so you are sharing with us...not the other way around honey (but go get 'em anyway and hope your nose heals ;) Hmmm. Rough playgrounds there :l

Well...this week has been ok and can't believe we don't owe the IRS! I was happy with last years 'draw' but this year...we get money back lol!!! And more than half of my posts went out too. Just too happy my precious grand daughter will get her mask. I just have to order stuff from Laser Lites for the dogs I have been having issues with but the main people out of Australia are helping since there are issues with their branch over here. And our trip is changed to a Carribean one since Mexico is thugging cruisers on port excursions over there :l That's cool. More festive and happy dances on their playgrounds there with the grand kids and my girl :}

I always depict life as a playground we are balancing on till we are called in so it was sad about Monkeys 'Davey Jones' leaving us. Reminded me of playing the game 'Who Stole the Cookie' outside with my friends right before it got dark. I was always next to the last to be called in so the game seemed to go on forever and was pointless till I asked one day what was the point?!? Not one really. It would just quit when the last kid was called home :l How sad they must have been with everyone gone :(  And being next to last....I kind of know the emptiness but I wasn't the damn cookie thief lol :D

Easter is coming and I played red rover long ago and chose sides so I know who my King is ;)  Just glad to be around to play longer. Hope I get to finish playing with the tutorial I am following along of Alfoart's as well as post some comments on Lockridge and CNN's piece on the 'drawing heaven' miracle (11 yr old jewish girl's materpiece paintings and prophecies since 4....don't choke up non believers!).


Whatever ground you're on....play fair and have a good life ;)