Friday, July 20, 2012

MISSISSIPPI RE-GUARDS

.
Well...my first adult tooth was extracted this week and seems there is no flouride in the water. It's not really in most bottled waters either but when I heard the dentist tell another patient it really isn't a big deal because it's found in food...all I could wonder is why didn't he tell him what foods? What if he doesn't drink or smoke since it's found in beer, wine, and tobacco? It is in minute quantities in fish and sodium flouide is more on the toxic side. Flourine is in the periodic table and flouride is just the decomposed state...or anion of flourine. Now I know why most all Mississippians have issues with their teeth :l  Although knowing the competency levels (or lack of) of professionals here...I'd rather them not chemically alter the water :/

And although the docs are ok here...Jim and I discussed they aren't really saavy like the ones in Louisiana. They are just substandard to good. They don't tell you when to come back, won't discuss alternative treatments (I got a "We won't discuss that till we get there" from the peridontist...and after the root and plane procedure...I got an "That didn't work so let's do this" :l). I remember my dentist in Slidell had the orthodontist and peridontist in the room with me all confering about my TMJ. Of course I wasn't about to have my jaw hacked and extended at the time (I was about 35 in 94). I just always thought this was the caliber of physicians one could expect.

Then there is the bone doc and the general health doc. The bone doc visit this week bought me some more hand therapy time but I've missed the past 3 appointments because of the tooth. It has been slightly loose for a year and the peridontist stuff...along with the shattered hand/wrist/arm...just made me go have the thing pulled. OW. Wasn't bad until 15 minutes later! I had to ride the next day on pain meds but hanging off of them these past 2 days (because I hate them so and they make me feel generally sick) so I try to focus doing other stuff as much as possible. Like Photoshop yesterday, blog today, bathing dogs and I will need to do the finish work on their clips.

And ironically enough...working on a batman piece from Abduzeedo's tutorial and they had that horrible shooting at the Batman movie last night :((((( He did his in pixelmaster made for Mac...which I want sooooo bad. The mac that is but I guess I need reliable internet first.  Mine is draaaggggging today and of course ATT isn't going to change things :/ The other 2 versions I just ran with from my first "Apocolyptic War Angels" piece I did several months ago since it kind of reminded me of (also posted here). I was also lazy and didn't want to 'google' for a batman symbol so just used the wings. (I also don't make a very good student right now....I didn't even finish the tutorial :( ). And to add to the strange congruencies...my daughter had to have all their teeth done this past month before being deployed from California to Japan :l

So hell...I live under a stange sky in a stange state with strange doctors and even the big companies act strange by putting us off with internet and not coming out to say one thing or another. I guess it's just the Mississippi way. Last of the wild west...or south lol. I do have a taste for danger but not concerning my health (pun intended). Guess we need teeth guards with those crash helmets over here :/




Special Note....Paros seems great on the cooler water with flouride and no Waggin Tails chicken jerkeys! :D (I just have to get it in my bottled water now to keep my bones from shattering I guess :/). They were howling and funny last month when I watched "The Grey" about the wolves. They all jumped in bed with me and watched the movie once they realized it was coming from the TV but that video was toooo long for here. Did post new pics of New Orleans new 3 laned twin span and photo of them on the balcony in their clips :)

New New Orleans Twin Span