Thursday, July 26, 2012

HORIZONATALLY CORRECT

.
I talked with ATT a few days ago about current situations and somehow got caught up in the story of the whole 2.5 yr ordeal of no speeds. The women were soooo nice and they are shaping up their company (I'm assuming from the merge with Bell South...I dunno) so she said an engineer would be out to check on things. All I could think of these last few days was "The Engineer is coming! The engineer is coming" like Steve Martin from "The Jerk" :/  I guess todays communication comes more in the form of the internet rather than the phone book but a few minutes ago she called and it should all be ok :)

Paros Cuddle 2010
A bit depressed about my daughter's final days here in the states had me online in Expedia booking flights to California for the middle of August. I am glad I called her because she is leaving the 10th to 15th (this has been rescheduled a bit due to forms, exams etc.). She would have panicked anyway lol...so knowing this...I thought a trip to Europe on the mediterranean would be nice. I was ready for it but once I got a little clearer on what's important...and even though Jim's son never passes up here...I thought we'd drop down toward Miami to see his grandson and book a cruise to the southern carribean down to South America on a new smaller boat. We will leave his memory of us to be "The Cruising Grandparents" lol. Hard to believe I have transformed from hard core adventurer taking flights, renting vehicles, and taking risks into venturing into jungles alone to being catered, pampered, served, and toured :l Hey...at least I made it this far!

This all hinges on a beloved friend from Canada's visit. They are our age and riders too. Also homebodies these days like us and going through the same medical aging people thing :I They do spit off and about more than us though. I've literally been watching the grass grow with all the dirt hauled and apread plus the seed planted and hand still out :/ So if they do make it down and we go to New Orleans for a few days and we will book for a week in the caribbean. If not...I'll just book a 2 week excursion and catch NO another time.

Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve
Glad St. Lucia .org is still active because Jalousie Plantation, my favorite place in Soufriere, is not The Tides, Sugar Beach Villas. Prices are up and comparable to Ladera but worth consideration since it is an old plantation with separate villas and surrounded by the Pitons on the ocean. La Petite Fleur des Pitons (private gated villa with pool) can be leased for $300 per night but amenities are sub standard (the views, price, and privacy nestled in the pitons make up for it). There is also Balenbouche and Fond doux estates which are old sugar plantations with villas but how I wish I could squeeze Ladera, a 5 star resort with private villas and the best views of them all, in my budget! I won't even discuss Jade Mountain and afraid they will charge me for posting a link (and you'd think their web site would be spectacular). As for La Dauphine...I'd rather go back to the ship which is anchored for 2 full days at this island.

As for song to post and that's been on my mind...Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House of the Rising Sun (this version but also Sons of Anarchy version by White Buffalo). Somehow I know I did win and life has been a bit back to normal these days so in the spirit of when I used to sail in the New Orleans regattas for New Orleans Yacht club against Southern (and whoa the champagne flowed because we were a diligent, tough, and motley crew! A chemist, lawyer, judge, roving somebody, and me! My light weight and ability to pack and fly the spinnaker was my strong point ;)) aboard the Bura liava (Latvian for 'sailboat' owned by Refuged Lativian Chemist who married a friends father and taught me to skipper an auxillary craft)...I'm just rolling with "Charlie Brown"  though because 'Southrn Cross' recordings aren't so good). No Sunday services last week but book of Sirach's chapter (Catholic Bible) on Health for the Body and Soul read for a member of the Sons of Silence who passed and the remainder of us who were once succumbed by this, that, or the other. Stress does affect health.

Speaking of health...lots of appts. next week. New General Physician in particular and I'm relieved the secretaries kept messing up and telling me I didn't make an appt. with the local town doctor when I would show up for it :/  Everyone kept telling me not to reschedule because he is cranky, mean, etc. And after seeing him milk the empty bottles in front of him at the restaurant this week, it is just a blessing I'm not paying to go through stupid to get to asshole! (takes one to know one :I). That's like stepping in crap and dragging it with you :/

So a glass of wine to Richard (French pronunciation ~Reeeshard~), daughter's journey, growing grass, lossing ass, awakened muscle in my hand, and hell....finally fast internet! I couldn't open the bottle of beer but most things on the horizon are correct ;)


A Special Note of Congratulations. Paros's breeder in Greece retained a sister of his who had her first, well, puppy. One very special girl. Evi may not know how God blesses her in a special unique way but I see it. P was the only boy in her first litter. Her second brought about a solid white miracle and this one...a very special girl who will be strong willed because she will not be encumbered by the stress brought about by other siblings. The lucky, sacred, spoilt only child ;) (Photo here of Ice sent by her owner/breeder in the seas surrounding Greece. I photoshopped the lead out and was going to do something with this for her but forgot :l). I also had to post a joke found on FB here. Author unknown :l