Thursday, June 5, 2014

NO PLACES EVERYWHERE

I've been offline for about a month but it was fixed for a few days after holy week. Tech said it must have froze up when the tree people hit the power line. Then when it was out for about 2 weeks...that tech said squirrel ate the line :l  I think the electric company's tree removal guys must have done something to the wire when they hit it. They were really nice though and reimbursed us for the new mailbox and plant though and I've been gardening and almost finished edging around some new gardens I've started around here.

Didn't go on vacation though. We did board the dogs, rented an SUV, talked with Carnival about not being able to print our boarding passes due to no internet but it was all good. We were trying to hit our platinum membership with them lol so we are starting to feel a bit like family. I was worried about my promise not to board Paros again and both he and I were a bit sick so when Jim and I talked about how we would prefer our own bed and to hang with the dogs anyway on our route to Tampa, we just turned around in Atlanta to come home. Both of our spirits improved even though we missed the boat ;)

We did some house repairs and worked a bit on renovations. Jim cleared some side property and removed some trees that were leaning toward the propane tank along with a couple that were just not right. We got some supplies to finish Paros's dog house and I started a garden and lighting by his 'summer house' as we call it :) We also bought my stepfather some sheets and a duvet along with some other stuff for his bedroom remodel, took short trips with the dogs, shopped, and just spring cleaned around the house. I did have to go to the ER though with another CAT scan :/ And most of this would be going on if the techs didn't have me troubleshoot my issues or insurance would have just allowed a chiropractor or someone look at my neck and back from the falls and trip over wires with the 6 hour connect tech over the phone that time :P

Last week I just made an appointment to a real doctor (that wasn't in the 'network' of course) after never receiving any call backs to reschedule my MRI or Xray from the doctor that was in the network 2 hours away. I have never seen him even in passing the 4 trips I was up there nor got anything more than information that I have lesion on my liver (which is no big deal normally) from all the procedures they did do to date by a nurse. She had to go back and forth soooo many times. I feel like I went through the mess the VA hospitals are dishing out (at least they are on waitlist to see a doctor!! I get nurses :/). Kudos to Obama for getting angry about that. Is this mess Ms. health care, new laws, Obama care, or did I just get a dud of an insurance company? It's $600/month just for me and I had 2 insurers for a month until I found out that Assurant like UHC had the network thing. Omg. Just when the saleslady said they didn't :( Horrid services in America and changes I don't care for but I plan to write someone about dropping this mess enabling me to just have that $600 or most of it to keep paying for a real doctor!

And he has me pegged. I didn't say OMG, OMG, OMG...but he told me not to say OMG, OMG, OMG... I'm dying lol. He says the tests they run are general and ran a specific one. They didn't even make me come back so they could pull 2 days of blood from me nor did they collapse the one good vein I have left!!! :D And OMG. The stress level from AT&T, Insurance, and contaminated water was up there (it is coliform...not E coli like the surrounding towns they say). I can't get it through my head not to rinse a cup or dog bowl before going to the cooler and it could be just gastroenteritis. I'm hoping anyway. At least it will be a second opinion WITH information and not "There's nothing more I can do for you" :l

So I think I now see the differences between the health dept., clinic, and doctors office :)  I've only know doctor's offices other than the little urgent cares for little spider bites or something minor. I have visited the health dept. for testing potential boyfriends before getting serious. Jim still laughs about that.

Well, maybe now I can get this stupid neck and back corrected (arm still tingling and neck pain with occasional lower back). Can't get into my games or do firmware so PS 4 still in box but I did dust it lol but I just quit after the second time they told me to disconnect the phone again. And I did find a service that will give me unlimited everything via satellite (not Dish but kudos to them for being straight up about no gaming or movie downloads, which I prefer PPV anyway). Only took 4.5 yrs but that's ok. Surely a judge will relieve me from this mess.

The town still has no doctor. They just lost the one that retired before I moved here. He was a nice man. He died in a house fire in Jan. I hope his son who took care of our property finds his way. He was worried about not getting his meds so now with all that AND losing his dad...I know it must be hard for him. He was always so sweet trying to give me meds for stuff but I'd just say I'd prefer to see a doctor. I guess it's just the way things are done around here. I dunno. And the doc that took his place but never saw anyone, new or old patients, moved to Montana :l He seemed ok but hear he didn't really want to work anyway. Wish somebody would just tell me to drop my hammer and buy this place. I'd go too :)


About Paros's grooming? Well...he bit the head of the groomer (no skin broken) and I think he is missing his duclaw. He has to go to the vet's this week because he won't let me near it but gets around great and all ok other than that. I flunked him and he is starting classes again next week. He will stay, lie down, sit, leave it, play dead, etc. but when we are in public...NO WAY!! He is too excitable like me with the shopping. Real merchandise!!!  Not from TV or internet!!! :D But I love my Horchow, Dillards, Pottery Barn, and QVC (hit them hard with no internet lol!). Changed our linens to escape from the dark browns and long winter we had so P got a monogramed bed cover and I had the duvet to replace his blanket on our bed monogramed JPJ (Joyce Paros Jim lol :D).

Nuff for now. I'm sure I forgot lots I need to document but lots of stuff going on and I'm just trying not to let all this mess stress me. I'll just do a lot of writing, try to resolve things via phone, and speak to attorneys for direction. Maybe I can pay them to deal with the stress of it all and resolve these issues that aren't right for me. Maybe I'll get someplace but I do know that there is NO PLACE like home! :D



Even without a fully functioning internet, services, or it's dwellers :l