Friday, September 2, 2011

EN ROUTE


Instead of my usual movie line of 'A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum'....I can start out with 'A Funny thing happened en route over the hill' :/ Waking up on my birthday with what I thought was an abcess in 2 wisdom teeth already put the brakes on anything with fun in it at all :( And with it being my first bday without either parent...I'm a bit down. Even with the nice birthday gift that was delivered this week.

Well...that was all until Jim showed up with my instant coffee and a candle :) And he asked me to look at my cup. Hmmmm. Nothing. So he exclaims "Good thing I took a picture!". Sure enough...there it was...the smiley face!!! The same one I saw when my mom died Easter was there to greet me for my birthday! I knew it was from my mother :)))) She would always make sure she was the first to call me for my birthday and it started a race for other family members to 'be the first' so I would usually get a call from her at 12:01 am :l We both believed in pyschic abilities and made a pact to reach each other from the the 'other side' lol.

Now I already had my other blog posted and the day just brought about more twists and turns. Like Jim getting called off to Eastern Tn. for backup on the hurricane teams. And it hadn't been 4 days since I picked Aurora up from her dental...so now I am visiting one too (it takes an act of God or serious pain for me to go but this one already shows signs of being more saavy than the ones in Metairie, Slidell, or Bay St. Louis). But still not feeling like a party, sister stayed in Texas, so I hung alone...a bit in pain and not really up to finish painting the dining room before my furniture delivery :(

And wouldn't you know....still troubleshooting computer software I'm loading....Corel tech just had a bit of an issue with working winzip and installing KPT. I had to uninstall it again and retry. Found the problem. It doesn't update automatically via 'update button' so I had to manually do them. This could be because of working on 64 bit but also noticed the KPT collection is shy 10 filters or so. No shapeshifter and whereas the other KPT Collection I bought (yes...I bought 2 :/) works...it is unable to register so has the annoying 'pop up' everytime you use a filter :( Hmmmm. I will have to call them when I find the time :\

I came into this world butt first and had bangs and a big mouth from the start. I will probably slide on down the other side and end the same way but I think I will opt out of being buried with my boots and leather on for my Lily Rubin or Peter Nygard clothes. The dogs ashes (Chauncey and Dancer) are still to be placed in my casket or we are to be scattered in the wind together.

So a special thanks to Paula for picking out my furniture (I love your taste and it's now the only room without leather lol! ;), to Jim...my loving & stalking other half who called me at the dentist and pulled me from the chair lol...my sister who was the first to verbally say it, friends for the email greetings, and although it was a strange thing that happened en route over the hill...my parents for reaching out :} I figured it was my father who gave me the abcess to keep me from drinking :l


I love the people I'm 'en route' with on this journey :}