Wednesday, July 22, 2015

STARTING GATE

Rare do I get to blog back to back but seem to have wasted my time one of those businesses that say one thing and do another :/ I really miss the times when things were clear cut and everyone said what they meant but it rained today and everything I had in my 'Too Do" book was for outside. My taxes are ready to roll out the door as well except for my year end paperwork with the mortgage company and I did find out I've been auditing myself all these years lol. I didn't have to file extensions while I hunted down all the tax deductible receipts which are in several different folders like "Home Reno's", "Medical", "Receipts"...then go through the years statements, itemize checks needed for the bank to print out....all that. I guess when the company I worked for would go in and close banks down in the 80's with the FBI for the IRS taught me not to EVER throw any receipts away lol and that they would always be needed for taxes but no one told me just for when you were audited! And if it's not enough...there is way more where that came from so oh my hell with the paperwork!!

I did have more photos I took of the niece and nephew from when they staid here for a week and this work I call "Paros in Blue" from my PS CS5 art program. Hate they changed over to a yearly subscription service. I'm still a hard copy girl and just not about 'renting' things :P I guess I will play
Jim's Butterflies :)
more video games the day PS CS5 is obsolete. It's what I've been doing lately since Elder Scrolls Online came out. I just really don't watch TV except for the occasional block buster movie, local weather, or national news. I kind of eye National Geographic or Travel channel now and then along with my 'duh' time on the patio around the gardens with the humming birds during the summer or winter crafts. I was hoping to start the kitchen reno's but we put that off to get our house appraised (which was between my lowest and highest estimate so not bad!). I guess instead of doing it in one fell swoop...it will be slowly and in phases :/  I have a lot to sell anyway to clear the path and it seems I confused everyone on craig's list about the go cart so I just gave my cousin the new engine, won't mention the old frame, and just sell the running go cart. No project starters in with the bundle lol :D Just an adult sized go cart should be simple enough and as for the other things...I will do them all at one time so I will be here to answer the phone and show them all on weekends when Jim is here :)

Maddy's Mask...cut, shape, paint!
So we will just suffer a bit more with the contaminated water that seems to come about twice or so a year until I am able to get the cabinets and reverse osmosis system in but demolition and electrical come first, then windows. Cabinets will come in between the counter tops, painting and light fixtures. I did FINALLY find some fixtures for the bathroom! And Jacuzzi tub skirting so it is almost complete!!! It has come a LONG way from the ugly fluorescent lighting with gold peel and stick vinyl and I am quite happy with it so hopefully I will have before and after photos of it and the original driveway we've been clearing down the front 3 acres. I've been growing the swamp mallows (large hibiscus), some crepe myrtles, etc. to line the drive when we are done so they are well established. Did have issues with the lavender but plan to buy some pecan and walnut trees. The shells will reinforce the drive.

Till then...can't wait for Caribbean vacation with the eldest daughter and her husband but back at the starting gate with the kitchen, downstairs flooring, and electrical work. Cash out of pocket on the reno's is really better anyway. Just more equity for me if we ever need to relocate for some reason. And if I go astray from where I need to be...I put it all in our father's hands and if he needs to put me back at the starting gate... I trust the driver ;)

 
NOT TO MENTION...the band lives! More importantly...they are working out their empty nest dilemma. A cut from my oldest daughters latest CD :))))