Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weather Alerts

.
The unfortunate addition to this post is the tornadoes that hit MS. with the bad front that spun off Colorado. This is not common and although we needed the rain because of all the spring pollen...prayers of comfort go out to the families of the 10 people who died from them and others who lost their homes and businesses 2 hours south of us. We were blessed to have had only a normal rain.

Paros has been moping about because he can't frolick and roll outside in the mud. Did manage to get some good shots of the boys before the storm hit and have to brush the pollen off of them several times a day so has kept me busy :/  The software that batch processes my ability to save a lot of pics at one time isn't available to me since my computer guy doesn't do software but when he comes to install another monitor...I will have him show me his alternative ways and that will speed things along around here :)

Paros learned a new trick this week...to play dead by laying on his side. I'm wanting to teach him to roll over and thought from this position it will be easier for me to work with him. He does get aggrevated with the Shih Tzu a lot and Bayou just mimics everything he does. He wants P's big bone and when he is allowed to have it....drags it off into the bushes but P will hang back with me watching before he sticks his nose in to let Bayou know he can retrieve his bone anytime he wants ;)  They are toooo funny!

Breeder was placed in the path of an abandoned white afghan who I am sure will recover from her injuries, malnutrition and neglect. I just don't understand how people can abandon children and pets when there are so many facilities for this and other people who care. I'm just glad it is a punishable crime here in the states and for the stupids who don't read or watch the news thinking they will get by with this...they will be quiet surprised ;) And the DNA sample from Paros isn't needed till later so hopefully it will catch the post this monday!!

Well...between odd rare storms and common spring pollen...thank heavens for weather alerts! We had our drills this week and are prepared for the next warning. God keep us all safe!