Thursday, June 2, 2011

FILL HER UP

.
Ok. I hear ya'll lol!!! Mardi Gras stuff wins right after I finish the mailbox bling and wee wees for a friend lol. But this weekend is finishing up DVD's so I can mail the memory cards back, hunt down my HP guy so I can start ordering a lap top and some ink, read up on my security camera book, and write a couple of letters.

And funny how the requests for that came in right after my sister pointing out her Mardi Gras piece I made for her years ago. Hers was tooled or burned into leather from a design I customized for her. I still have some buckram, leather, hides, boxes of snake bones, feathers, and even some sticks although they need to be cleaned in the twists with a dremel, stained or painted, and lacquered. When I first got P and the puppy was still in him...he thought it was necessary to attack and save all my hides so my stick is void of it's pheasant feather, bones, an ermine, and a rattle :/ Maybe after legs here gets a bit bigger I'll reattach them ;)

Good thing I named her 'Annabelle'. I still find myself calling her Annie sometimes. We had prepared for Annies arrival for a while and I knew I would forget. Like yesterday when I had to gas my own car because Jim was out of town lol. By the 3rd trip inside the store to let the woman know their pump was broken...she asked if I had lifted up the 'black thing' :l  What black thing?!?!  Haha. What the nozzle was on :/  Duh. My sister later pointed out these were really old pumps. I really miss full service stations here. Banker did say yesterday that they still have them in NY and some places though :)

And while thinking of Mardi Gras, leather, relaxing etc...I rendered my 'Afghan Fire' PS piece with PSP leather effects. 2 layers, recolorized, changed layer properties. They give you a solid metal doubloon when you are invited to a New Orleans Mardi Gras Ball (mine was given to my daughter) and it just makes me want to cast metal now lol :D

So...if I had services with the house painting, cleaning, errands, car, dogs, etc....I'd just say "Get 'er Done" and "Fill 'er Up" then lock myself in the craft room :D