Thursday, June 7, 2012

DIP, WASH, AND SHOOT

.
Nothing like a week of tick infestions, seeing a cop shoot someone pulled over at the end of the lane, stuck in a storm with my neighbor at her anitque shop watching the winds blow stuff off the front porch and inside walls, and floor man gone wild and missing :l Lol...still good is found amidst the shots, dips, storms, and torn up kitchen floor ;)

The vet has helped bathe the dogs and I've been working out my hand trying to keep Paros's coat. Annabelle is a sweetie on the table but Biker Jim's evil little monster dog; the shih tzu; thinks satan is a hair brush :/ So I'm sporting a couple more bites while Bayou is running around partially clipped and I'm ordering my 3rd basket muzzle in hopes this time it fits! 2 ticks on me so I've been on the witch hunt for ticks and finally got the yard sprayed (especially under the oaks). Vet says with no real freeze this winter...they weren't killed off much. And so much for the topical flea and tick monthly applications. These don't work. Good old flea and tick shampoo along with adams dip does the job!

Yucatan Police from vacation
We aren't sure what kind of crazy storm we had last week but I was expecting a tornado to pop out of it! I made my neighbors antique mall in Oakland while winds just whipped up out of nowhere. Everyone experienced it from several counties. Some hail was reported from a couple of towns nearby. I finally made it home with some food I picked up only to see a cop standing in the doorway of a vehicle he pulled over. As I'm turning up our lane, I hear gunfire and see smoke cloud the officer's face! I look straight ahead and gun it up the lane after the second shot only to hear 3 and four more at least. Make it to another neighbors to call 911 but no answer at their door so I head on to my house, lock and load, call 911 to make sure cop is ok and no crazy cop killer is running amuck! Neighbors son is dispatch so he answered the call, checked in on it, called me back and said cop was ok :D Whew. Then I go to eat my baked chicken and see Paros has gulped it down :l  Bones and all :( I had cereal. Figured there would be a crime scene or clean up blocking the end of the lane :/

I hope my floor guy is able to give me some time to finish the floors but if not...I really wanted to stain the concrete in there. Maybe put the slate on the balcony and around the tub but ready for whatever. Already missed 2 sunday services with Jim working deep into the nights and pulling ticks the next weekend. Weee :l  At least I can drive and trying to stay on top of it all. Got all new fall bedding and put the heavy winter comforter in the dry cleaners. Just hope I can get the top soil and fill dirt along with hiring the painter to finish the house! Whenever I get a sane moment :/

Tut from Streetwise Design
And my last talk with ATT this week revealed that YES...that is why I don't have 6.0! Line ends in neighbors yard! And that is what the tech meant by the 'call box is 800 or so yards down the lane. Why the hell he just couldn't say it ends next door beside you at your neighbors pole?!? Why the damn run around?!? Yes. Those are fire words :l  A**hole ATT rip off! Or should I say "Rassa ma frassin yellow bellied flea bitten' *#&!%" after Yosemite Sam? Were they made in China too? (and I swear I think the Chinese are trying to silently kill us with chemicals!).

Well, at least the kids of Charleston had their car wash and I got help with that too. And the vets wife said she'll ask her house help if she wants any extra work. Also checking into Excede satelite services for the internet that will be 12 mbps! Limits on that though but would like to wash out ATT from here :/ And I've also been watching 'Food Network Star' along with my hand therapist girls. Their friend "Linky" is competing so we are rooting for her :}

Trying to turn things around so maybe I should just say "Shoot...Everythings gettin' a wash and dip!"