Thursday, November 1, 2012

GOOD TRACTION

After a month off of work...Jim scrambled out of here so fast today it could have spun our heads around like the exorcist :l Our anniversary day was the day the doc pulled his stitches and gave him the green light to go about his business. We did enjoy the day, had lunch, and put my new ring on my finger :} Of course he had been cleaning out his van and charging it last week, didn't say "I get to go back to work" but sang it coming out of the doctors office :/ And mentioned with all the reno's, laundry, dog grooming, mail, dishes, etc...that it would be a break to go to work :l So my pal and help has good traction and flew the coop :(

But we have the trip coming about. I can't believe it's only a couple months to Christmas and our vacation. The year has gone by so fast. My hand has been in pain from crocheting Paros's snoods while in doctor offices and hospitals, but after not doing any needle work what so ever last winter because of the water issue, it was good to have my hands on it again (and I had some left over pain pills :). No pattern so I will have to plug away with it when I can till I get it right and move on to see what I can do with this hand :/

And like a pastor once said to me, any relationship is like building a house. You start with a sound foundation. One of truth, consideration, etc. and your house won't come down on you. And in moving forward I guess it's like your ride and how sound your tires are...you have good traction. And when Jim realized I had no more rabbits to pull out my hats and my inheritance was really gone, and he told me 2 weeks of his month off there would be no income...I thought I'd have to cancel our trip. It was like yanking Christmas from a 5 year old :l  He was going to go if he had to pull those stitches out himself lol but 2 hours within receiving a blessing card in the mail...we got some help so good blessings or traction there but we will have to hold out on his harley (this is us 15 yrs. ago when we were 6 months into dating and he sold his 9th harley to be able to go on this trip with me I had planned long in advance because I was single at the time and didn't want to fly out of the country alone :)))) We married a year later on the same date.

Now it's been 15 yrs. later, our third trip with carnival and probably our last. Seems each time we go with them something adverse arises. The first trip was 3 weeks (1 week in Miami, flew to Puerto Rico for a 2 week sail to South America) and my bank decides to cut everyone's cards off so they could tie Louisiana and Mississippi branches together :/  Then the 2cd trip was in April...shattered hand and daughter. Now here comes the third. Holland, Cunard, or any other line will just have to do if this one is even a bit bleak. And we are postponing the vow renewal. I won't be able to size my gown down (I got a $1000 Ivonne D from Macktak Mart for half price so kudos to them even with the gown having to be resized ;). Of course I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew he had spent all his personal and sick days :(

Well...joke lately has been about him being on hiatus and how desperate he has been to get back to work. He made those in New York look ok and with as much as he cleaned, reorganized, and charged that van...I wanted to slap him back on the road myself. Too bad he was outta here before I could help him along :D




God bless New York and the east coast with what they are going through. Especially those lost. Lord knows I've had to deal with hurricanes and tropical storms for so long...I know the sick feeling they are having to endure. New York is just too large of a city to have to deal with water, wind damage, and power outages.

With the new year coming...we are leaving behind any and everything that we haven't had a good relationship or track record with (doctors, shops, people, and now even our bank who didn't look out for Jim's best interest and charged him an extra $190 for well...more than a few checks :l  He isn't very savvy at banking either lol :D). He has a taste of what I do around here and hit the ground running this morning! We will just renew vows next year or so but until then...he will just have to remain a "Mr. Tobin" lol :D 

Yep. Good Traction. Makes for a safe journey when moving forward :)))))

Missing Mana