Thursday, April 21, 2011

MOTORIST IN SESSION

.
I never would have thought this journal would become more of a therapeutic outlet over posting my steps in creating graphics. And with all the storms that hit this week...it doesn't surprise me the dual meaning of "When it rains, it pours" would come into play.

Abandoned Church
My mother has taken a turn for the worse in the hospital yesterday so we head out for the 2 hour drive through hail and storms that brought on more tornado warnings in the night for what could be my last chance to see her. She is unresponsive and even though she told me that she is ready to go just this past month....I find it to damn hard to say goodbye. My prayers are that she suffers no pain and is at peace.

Empty Spaces
She would always ask for me to search the artist or CD down to a piece of music she loved and this "Netherworld Waltz" was one of them. Her favorite from the movie soundtrack was Edgar Winter's "Open Door Policy" but my CD wasn't returned from one of the jukeboxes so I hate I cannot play it here. Some of her other favorites are "Trouble" from Ray La Montagne I had sent her and she had made us up tapes of some of her other favorite songs (Wind Beneath My Wings...and of course...ZZ Top was one of her favorite bands).

Clearing to extend fences
Paros internist called on Tues with the rest of his results and his WBC is a bit low too so will run another one this coming Wednesday. Our lawn guy did squeeze a trip in and it looks like it's clearing up beautifully but still waiting on Security camera and manual so hope all will get a green light on that too.

As La Montagne's album and the old saying "God Willing and the Creek Don't Rise"....things will come about ok but even when things seem somber...I come home and I am greeted by the boys who wash it all away. They are my clouds with silver linings.


As I finished my last lines....HP called and having me return the Vista again. Thanks to them for making things a bit brighter...especially at this time.