Thursday, January 12, 2012

DRIVING AROUND MISS WILDLIFE

.
Louisiana bayou photo in painter
It was only 3 months ago we finally got local channels through our satelite TV company. We couldn't even get Memphis or Jackson news :/  But now we are tagged onto Greenville...I just found a local show called "Looking Around Mississippi". And whereas our case has been more like 'living around', from the gulf end to the north end running from hurricanes, I absolutely LOVE it here! And learned more about the state from the show like the regions and why we are the 'Gateway' to the delta here.

Louisiana Bayou in painter
Rolling down the lane from the hill opens up onto cotton fields; the flat area of the Delta. Charleston is the point where the pine and hill regions end, and the Delta begins. But what I found fascinating enough to excitedly share with my neighbors sunday school at her church last Sunday was the fact that we have the largest bald cypress in the world! Just located an hour and a half away. And even though they consider the one out at Cat Island, Louisiana to be the biggest...it is really 2 trees that grew into one so I am on the 'Great Tree Hunt' :))))

Revised with my photo
It is over 2,000 yrs. old and 30 yds from it is another that is hollowed out you can fit over 5 people in without being seen from the outside. The photos I have here are from Louisiana I put into painter (and can't take credit for because I just hit 'auto' for an oil rendition) and the ( *revised* ...pics of new champion posted here are mine...no more photos posted by others...even with link and credit without permission first ;).

Revised with my photo
Not sure if we quite survived the lack of water pressure these past 3 months but glad the 'trickle effect' is over. And still not clocking a stable 3.0 mbps on internet speeds after downgrading as promised by ATT but keeping my BP low. Most people ask for good schools, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances. I just wanted a no flood zone and internet. ATT lied :P (so much for living in the land of blues...might as well drive to Belzoni...heart of it. At least it's catfish capitol of the world :9).

 And man if Jim doesn't come up this minute and say "I'm off to Chattanooga, TN." :/  Says he'll get back to see the 'Grand-daddy' of 'em all with me ('wildlife miss') on the 'Great Tree Hunt' :)

Baby gator shot by beach house