Sunday, May 8, 2011

COMING ABOUT

.
The first half of mother's day weekend had me soooo down with an extra kick when I realized Jim was detained in Alabama, sick as a dog, and that I wouldn't get to go see my stepfather and sit in my mother's gardens. With him there and her art, flowers, dogs...I can still feel her.

I did speak with a couple of breeders and impressed with Chandhara Kennels. I always like her pics and think she was the one with the mountain lions on her property with the caption "Honey, go warm the car" lol ;) Unfortunately she doesn't have anything at this time and I don't think I can go another month watching P sulk and pine over  'Wayne's Girl'...the Retriever :/
Homemade dogfoods
Of course Jim drags in around lunch so I pumped him up with vitamins, juice, and one of the antibiotics the doc wrote me a script for on Friday until I can slam him in for a visit too. Then I was able to share the news with him!! I found a beautiful girl afghan pup! Now it feels like she is more for me than for P lol.  Paros will still be delighted to have a companion to run and play with that looks like him in size and shape so it is a good mother's day after all :)


And yesterday I saw the most unusual black & red butterfly.

Healing is coming about.