Monday, May 23, 2011

MEMORY LANE

.
1984 Metairie, La.
Nothing like taking a break from painting and visiting in the city on a Sunday. We went to my stepfathers and took him shopping, chatted, washed a couple of dachsaunds, repaired a couple of minor things, sat amongst the jasmine and palms on the patio, and looked at my mothers little treasures in one of her treasure boxes. He was curious as why she would save little silly things like a small broken glass dachsaund or bird. Of course I have lots of these dumb sentimental things that are just special or evoke a memory. I never knew she had these too :}

It was raining most of the day and the sky was ominous with tornadoes still touching down in midwest states but it was a nice and special day. My oldest daughter also stopped by to visit while we were in town. I had a long hard laugh with her about the gardeners that would always quit at the lake house she was brought up in. She detested helping with the yard when they left.  She laughed how anal I am and the jokes about 'cleaning the woods' lol. I am kissing this lawn guys butt because he is the only one in town. I also still giggle over my mother's Erte #5 piece and of all her pieces...still don't know what she saw in what I call the "seasame street" phase of his :l (and boy I remember checking my feet to see if they were bleeding when she hit the museums on Royal in the 80's when she bought all those :/).

80's visit
Trying to save some old photos. Jerry was always a sharp dressed man and it was them who turned me on to the ZZ Top album "Eliminator" when it first came out. I enjoyed their visits when they would come see me in New Orleans and loved having them for Christmas day dinner at the Fairmont a time or 2 (we ritually would eat at the blue room every Christimas day with other prominant families of New Orleans area). Very different from when I lived out west.

Well...coming back home to his Royal Fuzziness and cohorts is always nice too :)))  Good to see new memories are being formed. The new pup is starting to look like a siamese twin growing off of Bayou's butt lol :D


Today is nice & Memory lane is good :)