Thursday, May 5, 2011

GO, SEE, DO

.
Monday was a good day. The camera surveillance DVR was set up along with the online info and software installed to be able to view the house. Also looked at some of Shell's photos and burned them to DVD's. Then we were sick by Tuesday and wouldn't you know...the Vista came in :/

Picking up where I left off will be hard at first. The 5 gallon drum of paint and supplies are still outside where they have been for the last 3 weeks. It may be there another week because the Vista is next. How funny when the Fed X people asked if that was the same computer. They said they would not buy an HP until it was spit out how they knock the box around to death. They were quick to reply in retaliation of how they have no control once it reaches Dallas conveyor belts :l This one wasn't so beat up so I am hoping....

With Jim in Alabama...our trip to see my stepfather will be delayed till mother's day. I think it's best and places me by my mothers favorite things...her dogs, husband, cooking. It will be nice to help him out and I plan to show him a 10 minute bisque recipe and wash the 4 dachshunds while Jim cleans the gutters or repairs whatever it is he wants :)


For now...an easy bisque recipe:

Sauteed onions in butter...then add more butter and flour for a light roux
Pour in stock (or boullion), add milk (half/half or heavy whipping cream) little at a time to keep thick... then a bit more butter :o

From here...anything goes. Shrimp, shallots, corn, potatoes, aspargus, crab meat...I usually add something green along with something else. Cooks in 10 min...1 pot...and I add cheese and bacon crumbles on top when doing potato/broccoli bisque. I call it "stuffed potato" bisque :9

Next vist I will show him how to make one of his favorites....beef stroganoff (in 15 min with a left over roast or steak).

Also trying to find classes for Tai Chi and/or Yoga. Seen one at Crime Stoppers site in the next town so maybe the homicide investigator that works there will know something (couldn't find it on site).

Now for HP and start looking at laptops and a pal for Paros :)