Saturday, February 13, 2010

BLACK ICE

.
How ironic things come into play and seem to cross paths. The news today mentioned all the black ice about and in my email was a link to my breeder who had an appearance on a Greek animal TV program with Paros' sister, Ice (who is black btw)! Although she was speaking in her native tongue, it made me want to pull my language kit down and studying so I can catch future shows. It reminded me of some they air on the animal planet here in the states but this particular program showed them training cats to sounds (opening food, clanking bowls). She is at 16:02 for anyone interested and the link is above. Woo Hoo, Evi and Ice!!

Although it has been nice and sunny here today with the high of 49...we are expecting more snow tomorrow and Atlanta got 4" of the stuff yesterday. Some of it was to hit us but we lucked out so OMG...what's a dog to do?!? It looks like bath time as scheduled (dog art font below with another layer style).
Well lol I bet my friends and family will NEVER try and get me to join another one of those gimicky web spots again! It kept showing whatever I was doing so the wall filled up with me adding links, joining charities I already donate to, interchanging my igoogle and yahoo pages (you can get facebook on igoogle) and adding widgets that I find too tacky to place here, although I have some on the bottom right. I have a bible quote of the day above my horoscope which is above a swear word trying to get "The Dog Whisperer" widget to work!! How incongruent. I did find a couple of cool widgets, the Saints for a friend, Tarot readings for a daughter, Mardi Gras countdown and Afghan Hound one I posted here...then discovered I could make my own widget for this site! LOL...I did just that but didn't make it available to the gallery. The link to Dogstar where Cesar Millan's dog "Daddy" has a dog diary spot also contains pet food recalls, games, pics, ask a vet, and other interactive and informative pages. Really liked this site and want to check it out in detail since I'm through 'widgeting' lol! 

Well, even though I should be studying CSS and start working on the .com, .net, and .org sites I had fun. Pat Gilbert from the Afghan Hound group sends the best jokes and has a K9 Seminar I think our club could benefit from. I would like to help with the monies to get her here...or maybe me there? I do plan to see my girl in California by next summer.


Just like last time, I'll delete the widgets after playing with them but it's been a fun 2 dog days with them, the links, and even watching black ice on the net and not the road ;)