Saturday, November 7, 2009

Children At Play


Wee woo hoo!!  Jim is headed home and I will have to race the dogs to the door to greet him! We will measure the area I want to fence and purchase the supplies this weekend but play the rest.  I am only putting up a temporary farm fence until I decide what I really want. I don't like the looks of privacy fencing and it isn't in my budget for wrought iron right now (not to cover 4 acres and I know the gates are about 3k alone :/). Plus I may just want to replace intercom system with surround sound since I listen to music more than TV (hehe...we call the "Puppy Monitors"). I'm sure I will still cry about P's coat and it will come to Jim as a shock but his coat is sooo thick...I will still need help. My past hounds were more fine and silky coated (except for Dancer but then his wasn't even as thick as Paros!).  I will forever beat myself up about this and only the Afghan world knows how serious coat care is. Geez.  I use to not only groom my personal physicians dog but one of the Vets Afghans I interned for as well.  My speed and control of circumstances failed me but I will be in a better frame of mind with Jim's arrival.  I hope.


Although this is sounding more like an Afghan Hound site lol...it is intended for journaling so I can re-ad my favorite links and practice with hand coding for my site in case my computers die again. I can't believe I could once manuever around the graphics programs, do frames in dream weaver, had all the filters, and still do interviews, report on events, run several web sites, etc. No wonder I lost my southern roads names (.com, .net, etc.) and hired help around the house when I opened the bar/restaurant.  Multi-tasking too much. Glad to say the sign has finally found a new home at the Mr. Harrington's Truck Stop in Jackson, Tn. He kept the name plate for his biker gear shop. He is a handsome and friendly elderly gentleman with a cool dog, 3 Truck stops, buffets, shopping plaza, etc.


And for those who may be appalled by earlier posts about 'boob shots'...I was too when thrown into that snake pit!  After a divorce...I had to drop out of my 6th yr. toward DVM in med school to maintain a lake home in Louisiana. I also had to quit the clinic and opt for more money via bar management...then biker crafts, jewellery, web sites, events, etc.  I raised extra money for abused and neglected children through auctions at poker runs and help organize an event to raise funds to bring a dead child home. So God does send his angels in dark places. I guess I am sometimes one of his warriors.


Jim and P are priority right now so for today...CAUTION: Chilren at Play ;}